Why should you be interested in high performance for your WordPress site?
In today’s Internet world, users demand a faster access to content and functions, as well as in websites to be available at any time. This is why having a high-performance model implemented on websites and servers (which host websites) has become very important. In this blog and with the help of Google Cloud Platform WordPress, I’ll explain how you can achieve a correct implementation of a high performance model on your WordPress site and the benefits you will get from it.
Before starting, here are some considerations you have to keep in mind
- You must select a capable, scalable and secure hosting service.
- You need to have a clear forecast for the traffic levels of your WordPress site.
- Security is an important item, so you need to consider when opting for a scalable environment that provides high performance (this is why it’s really important to have the best security tools both in WordPress and on server level).
- You must count with an efficient Disaster Recovery capability for your servers.
- A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is always a good option for caching static content and therefore, boosting up the speed of your WordPress site.
- It’s important to have an effective solution for monitoring your servers and WordPress site.
But what tools/services can allow you to get your WordPress working on a high-performance model?
1. Google Cloud Platform Virtual Machines (VM’s) as hosting service along with:
- LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL and PHP).
- GCP Storage service for all the static content of the WordPress site.
- Auto Scaling and Load Balancing services for a fully manageable and controllable approach to traffic demand.
- A Virtual Private Cloud must be configured to protect the data and processes performed on Auto Scaling.
- Automated backups for server and WordPress site. In case the server crashes down, you just need to take the last backup from server and site, after this everything will come back to normal.
2. Cloudflare as Content Delivery Network. For this particular case, Cloudflare caches the static content of your WordPress site such as images, CSS and JS files, removing from your server the task of bringing this kind of content every time the WordPress site is accessed on a web browser.
3. Zabbix, GCP Monitoring service and Google Analytics to keep a continuous vision over:
- Server downtimes.
- CPU, memory and networking status.
- Current conditions of each service working on the infrastructure.
- Traffic levels on the WordPress site.
And here comes the golden question…
What benefits will I get through the implementation of a high-performance model for WordPress?
- You’ll increase the capability of your WordPress site to attend big amount of users at the same time.
- You’ll have high security for your data and content, as well as the proper protection to keep your website and infrastructure secure from hacking attacks.
- You won’t have to worry about losing content or configurations of your website and server anymore since you’ll always have a system backup available to restore everything.
- You’ll have a significant improvement in your website load time, due to the caching features of your CDN.
- You’ll have a full and continuous vision of all activities from your server, which will allow you to be prepared for any emergency presented, allowing you to have a highly available environment.
Finally, If you want high performance, come to ClickIT…
If you are currently interested in improving your WordPress and servers performance to provide a better service and experience to your users, and therefore raise your profits, you can ask for our support. You can also check our blog about WordPress optimization in AWS and our success story about Migrate WordPress to Google Cloud. Here in ClickIT Smart Technologies, we can guide your improvement crusade through the best practices and the expertise of our highly experienced engineers. Contact us and let’s start boosting your site together with Google Cloud Platform WordPress.